You can donate using a scheduled direct deposit from any Canadian financial institution (bank or credit union). There is a one-time, one-form process to set up.
- Here is an example filled-in form with highlighting for what you need to fill in.
- Download the blank Payor’s Preauthorized Debit Agreement form. The form is a fillable PDF so you can fill it out on your computer or just print it and fill it out by hand.
- Complete the “Payee” section at the top. This is the New Hamburg Kindred Credit Union branch, which is the church’s branch.
- Complete the “Payor” section at the top. This is your information.
- In the “Payment Details” section, please fill in your account information in the “Payor Account” area, desired donation amount in the “Amount of Payment” section and your desired donation frequency in the “Frequency” section.
- In “Description of PAD”, please put your own name and then “to Steinmann Mennonite Church” to show this is a transfer from you to the church.
- Print out the form.
- In the “Authorization” section, sign the “Payor Signature” line.
- Please sign the “Payor Signature” line in the “Waiver of pre-notification” area. If you do this, this allows you to adjust your donation amount in the future without having to re-submit a new form. You can just let the church accountant know your wishes and your future donations will be adjusted as desired.
- If you wish to have the PAD run for a certain length of time, please fill in the future end date in the “Cancel Payment” section and sign there as well.
- Attach a sample cheque with “VOID” written on the front.
- Completed forms can be placed in a sealed envelope labelled “PAD Agreement for Steinmann Mennonite Church, attn: Mary Lou Gingerich” and be placed in the drop box (night deposit) at the Kindred Credit Union branch located at 100 Mill Street, Unit M, New Hamburg.