September 2, 2018
Call to worship and prayer
Mighty to Save
Open the Eyes of my Heart
Sermon – When love is difficult
There is more love somewhere SJ 109
Sharing & prayer
Your Love Never Fails
Benediction: Colossians 3:12-15
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship leader, children’s time – David Martin
Song leader & music – Abby Scheerer
Sermon – Pastor Sara Erb
Congregational prayer – Sandi Roth
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
Monday & Tuesday – church office closed.
Tuesday morning – Setting up for the comforter knotting blitz.
9 a.m.-8 p.m. – Comforter Knotting Blitz for MCC. This includes men and children! We want to complete 25-35 comforters. Bring a friend, neighbour or family member. Rick Brenneman will provide complimentary potato soup and rolls for all “knotters” between 5 and 6 p.m. For more information contact Ardys Brenneman. Bring your noon bag lunch.
7:00 p.m. – Sing the Journey rehearsal in the sanctuary.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east parking lot.
7:30 p.m. – Sunday school teachers’ meeting.
9:30 a.m. – Preservice music
9:45 a.m. – Scripture: James 1.1-16.
Sermon: Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck
10:30 a.m. – Children’s Christian education—preschool to grade 7.
11:15 a.m. – Youth (grade 8 & up) & Adult Christian education.
Noon – Potluck! Bring your favorite food to share and your own table service.
Sept. 7 (Fri.) 7:00 p.m. – Family dinner potluck and planning at church. Please bring a main course to share.
Sept. 16 (Sun.) 2:30 p.m. – Tri-County Mennonite Homes service of celebration, commemorating 50 years. Event takes place at Steinmann. Former and present board, staff, volunteers, family and friends are invited to join a choir. Rehearsals held at the church on Thurs. Sept.13, 7 p.m. and Sun. Sept. 16, 1:30 p.m. To sign up call Norma Iutzi at 519.662.2280, ext.5115 or email@example.com.
Sept. 17-22 (Mon.-Sat.) – Peace Week. Take part in peace-related events and initiatives in Waterloo Region. uwaterloo.ca/peace-week
Sept. 18 (Tues.) 7:00 p.m. – You are invited to the Tri-County Mennonite Homes Annual Meeting at Avon Mennonite Church, 90 Greenwood Crt., Stratford. Refreshments and fellowship will follow the meeting.
Sept. 20 (Thurs.) 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Courage for Caregivers retreat at Ignatius Jesuit Centre in Guelph. Cost: $75. Register: www.eventrbrite.com. See bulletin board or talk to our Parish Nurse, Ardys Brenneman.
Sept. 21-23 – Theatre of the Beat. Nine playwrights from across North America have each written a scene to explore the realities of sexual misconduct, power, and abuse within our church communities. At Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts, 36 King St. W., Kitchener. Tickets: $16 on-line from the Conrad Centre or call 519.745.4711 x1.
Sept. 22 (Sat.) – 10,000 Steps for Shalom, a fundraising walk/run for mental health. Help make counselling affordable and accessible. Sign up as an individual or a team at shalomcounselling.org or call 519.886.9690.
Sept. 24 (Mon.) or 25 (Tues.) – Fall Seniors’ Retreat at Hidden Acres. Guest speaker: Bryan Moyer Suderman. Brochures are on the table by the mailboxes or call 519.625.8602. Register by September 17th.
Sept. 29 (Sat.) – MCC Ride for Refuge. For more information call 519.745.8458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 29 (Sat.) – FaithTech Talks event at Maxwell’s Concerts and Events, 35 University Ave. East, Waterloo. Tickets at eventbrite.ca.
Oct. 13 (Sat.) – Empty Bowls for Haiti MCC fundraiser in the fellowship hall. Sittings at 5 & 7 p.m. Reserve by calling 519.745.8458 or online at emptybowlsforhaiti.eventbrite.ca.
1. The next issue of The Communicator is in the works with a theme of One Step at a Time. Have something to share? Email your submissions to email@example.com by Sept. 7th. To receive The Communicator electronically, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Forest Glen Public School Breakfast Club begins in September. Volunteers needed on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. Contact Paulette West or sign up by the church mailboxes.
3. Menno Youth Singers is accepting new singers between the ages of 14 and 30. The season begins Tuesday, Sept. 11th at Stirling Ave. Mennonite Church. See mennosingers.com/mys/ for registration and other information.
• Congratulations to Ruth & David Steinmann who will be celebrating their 64th Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday, September 4th.
• Congratulations to Nelson Zehr who will be celebrating his 86th birthday on Friday, September 7th.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Bock Ki Kim & Sook Kyoung Park, Mennonite Church Canada Witness workers in South Korea, give thanks for the peace being experienced between North and South Korea they have noticed since the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.