Sunday, October 24, 2021
Joy Ride based on Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Call to worship and Prayer
Together VT 389
Family – Child Dedication
Today Earth is Singing VT 510
Sermon – Joy Unites
We, Your People, Sing Your Praises VT 849
Blest Be the Tie That Binds VT 831
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude/Postlude: Doris Martin
Worship Leader: Gladys Bender
Sermon & Congregational Prayer: Pastor Steve Drudge
Children’s Time: Gingerich Family
Livestream: Arne Kennel
Today, 11:00 a.m. Coffee Time
11:00 a.m. Kids Sunday School outside (ages 2 – gr. 5)
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask
- Please hum, sway, or tap your foot rather than singing
- After the service, remain seated until an usher dismisses you
- You are welcome to gather out in the parking lot for fellowship
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall
- Tables and colouring sheets provided for young families.
- We are prioritizing air flow in the building. If you are bothered by a draft or have a hard time hearing please connect with an usher regarding an alternative place to sit.
Monthly special giving for October: the food bank at Wilmot Family Resource Centre. Place cash donations payable to WFRC in the offering plate or drop-box. Donate online here. https://bit.ly/2Yo5tsa
Next Sunday October 31
10:00 a.m. Livestream and up to 120 people in-person worship in the fellowship hall
Joy Ride: Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Scripture: Philippians 4:9-23
Meditation: Patricia Wagler
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
We are considering sponsoring a Syrian refugee family. Many forms of support are needed: financial donations, securing housing and furnishing the home, helping the family learn to navigate life in Canada, taking them to appointments, filling out forms, being a friend, etc. The Peace & Justice Committee is looking for a few more people to help, especially with the urgent task of completing the sponsorship application due in December. If you would like to help in any way whatsoever (and haven’t already come forward to offer), please complete this short survey.
Copies on back table.
Oct. 28 (Thurs.) 7:30 p.m. At Death’s Door Workshop, begins on Zoom. Zoom link will be sent out in the Thursday Caring and Connecting email. Whether you’ve been thinking of or experienced a death recently, or if this is a new topic for you to explore, you are invited to join.
Oct. 30 (Sat.), 9:30-11:30 am. Core Team Meeting, in the fellowship hall.
Nov. 3 (Wed.) Morning & afternoon – Women are invited to the church to knot comforters and/or quilt, masks are required. Bring a bag lunch and a drink. The kitchen, fridge and microwave will not be available. If staying for the lunch and meeting—proof of full vaccination is required. Upon arrival everyone will be asked to sign in and physical distancing will be observed.
Oct. 27 (Wed.) 6 – 8 p.m. Rake & Run
Nov. 6 (Sat.) 1 – 3 p.m. Outdoor games, at the church. Dress to be outdoors
Rockway Mennonite Collegiate
- Spaghetti Supper To Go! Order yours by October 25 and pick up on October 29. Visit rockway.ca to order yours today! Spaghetti Supper link: https://rockway.ca/alumni/alumni-events/connections-spaghetti-supper/
- Nov. 9th 7 p.m. Discover Rockway Mennonite Collegiate. Online. Visit rockway.ca to register or email email@example.com for more information.
Mennonite Church Eastern Canada Courageous Imagination Regional Gatherings
- Oct. 27 (Wed.), 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. KW and West, at Meheret Evangelical Church, 456 Krug St., Kitchener
- Nov. 3 (Wed.), 1:30 – 3:00 pm., 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Online/Zoom
Details and registration: bit.ly/3pmKSA
Nov. 1 (Mon.), 7:00-8:45 pm. We Are All Treaty People a Mennonite Central Committee webinar. Maurice Switzer and Rebecca Seiling discuss the history of treaties and their ongoing impact on First Nations. Details and registration at: bit.ly/3aZEzKv
House of Friendship, Kitchener month-long celebration of YOU! During October see weekly Come Walk With Me videos of gratitude at www.houseoffriendship.org/
Fraser Lake Camp is looking for a visionary Director to lead our overnight camp program during changing times. Applications are due Nov. 12 with the position to start in Fall/Winter 2021. Learn more at www.willowgrove.ca/work-with-us
Remember in Prayer
Bruce and Ruth Steinmann who are receiving care at Hamilton General Hospital.
The families and children participating in dedications.