Sunday, October 17, 2021
Joy Ride based on Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Glimpses of Joy
Call to worship (Matthew 5:14-16)
The Lord is my Light VT 437
Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee VT 103
Children’s time & Philippians 2:1-11
God of the Bible VT 420
Help us to help each other VT 722
Will you let me be your servant VT 778
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude/Postlude: Sara Roth
Worship Leader: Rick Brenneman
Children’s Time: Pastor Sara Erb
Sermon: Al Mills
Congregational Prayer: Joy Wagler
Livestream: Steve Kennel
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask
- Please hum, sway, or tap your foot rather than singing
- After the service, remain seated until an usher dismisses you
- You are welcome to gather out in the parking lot for fellowship
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall
- Tables and colouring sheets provided for young families.
- We are prioritizing air flow in the building. If you are bothered by a draft or have a hard time hearing please connect with an usher regarding an alternative place to sit.
Today, 11:00 a.m. Coffee Time
Monthly special giving for October: the food bank at Wilmot Family Resource Centre. Place cash donations payable to WFRC in the offering plate or drop-box. Donate online here. https://bit.ly/2Yo5tsa
Next Sunday October 24
10:00 a.m. Livestream and up to 120 people in-person worship in the fellowship hall
Joy Ride: Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Scripture: Philippians 4:1-9 Joy Unites
Meditation: Pastor Steve Drudge
11:00 a.m. Kids Sunday School outside (ages 2 – gr. 5)
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
We are considering sponsoring a Syrian refugee family. Many forms of support are needed: financial donations, securing housing and furnishing the home, helping the family learn to navigate life in Canada, taking them to appointments, filling out forms, being a friend, etc. The Peace & Justice Committee is looking for a few more people to help, especially with the urgent task of completing the sponsorship application due in December. If you would like to help in any way whatsoever (and haven’t already come forward to offer), please complete this short survey.Copies on back table.
Oct. 30 (Sat.), 9:30-11:30 am. Core Team Meeting. Save the date Committee Chairs and VFT.
Jr. Youth & MYF
Oct. 24 (Sun.) 3 p.m. MYF: Snyder’s Farm and Corn Maze – must register ahead of time.
Oct. 27 (Wed.) 6 p.m. Jr. Youth: Rake & Run
Rockway Mennonite Collegiate
- Spaghetti Supper To Go! Order yours by October 25 and pick up on October 29. Visit rockway.ca to order yours today! Spaghetti Supper link: https://rockway.ca/alumni/alumni-events/connections-spaghetti-supper/
- Annual General Meeting online – Thurs., Nov. 18, 2021 @ 7:30 pm. Email AGM@rockway.ca for more information. All are welcome!Notices
Book Launch with Robert J. (Jack) Suderman (The Baby and the Bathwater) on Thursday, October 28, 7:00 PM. Join Jack as he shares a biblical vision of the church, God’s instrument of restoration and justice. Visit commonword.ca/go/2320 for live-stream details.
Fraser Lake Camp is looking for a visionary Director to lead our overnight camp program during changing times. Applications are due Nov. 12 with the position to start in Fall/Winter 2021. Learn more at www.willowgrove.ca/work-with-us
Oct 29(Fri.) and Nov 26(Fri.) – Meals to the Land Defenders at Land Back Lane in Caledonia. Meals are going to be continued even though there has been cancellation of the major development in the land dispute. Your contribution to this meal is a way to work at improved relationships with Indigenous people. If you would like to contribute please message Gladys Bender
Thank you to all those who provided a meal for Tori Fraser and her family as she continues to recover from surgery. Your kindness was very much appreciated. Compassionate Care Committee: Shirley Dunford & Darlene Gingerich
Fall Worship Series – A Philippians Read Along!
|Oct 24||Philippians 4:1-9||Pastor Steve|
|Oct 31||Philippians 4:9-23||Patricia Wagler|