Sunday, May 1, 2022
Transformed by Jesus: Living Differently
Call to Worship and Prayer
Will You Come and Follow Me VT 540
Christ Has No Body Here but Ours VT 568
God, Be the Love VT 43
Go, My Children VT 830
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude/Postlude: Grant Movold
Worship Leader: Adam Roth
Sermon: Pastor Liz Weber
Children’s Time: Sara Roth
Congregational Prayer: Wes Leis
Livestream: Arne Kennel
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
May Special Offering: Meserete Kristos Seminary provides training from an Anabaptist perspective for leaders in over 2,200 communities in Ethiopia, some in the midst of political and ethnic conflict, displacement and famine.
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask if you are able, sanitize your hands, maintain physical distancing and stay home if you feel ill for any reason.
- You are welcome to sing if you are wearing a mask.
- Colouring sheets and craft items for children are available on the table at the back of the fellowship hall.
- The nursery room is available, unsupervised.
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall.
Next Sunday May 8
9:45 a.m. Livestream and in-person worship in the Fellowship hall.
Worship Series: Transformed by Jesus – Living Differently
Scripture: I John 1:1-3 Witnesses of Jesus who transforms
Speaker: Pastor Steve Drudge
11:00 a.m. Kids Sunday School – Indoors, masks are encouraged.
11:00 a.m. Adult Education in person, outside
No Coffee Time
Jr. Youth & MYF
May 10 (Tues.) 6:30 p.m. Jr. Youth Bowling
May 13 – 14 (Fri. – Sat.) MYF LOCK – IN at the church
May 1 (Sun.), noon – 3 pm. Visit to Crow Shield Lodge in Wilmot Twp. Anyone interested in a way to connect and learn about the teachings of Indigenous people and their connection to the land is welcome to attend. Cost $75.00/person. Crow Shield is a Teaching Lodge and has a vision of providing space to work towards reconciliation by teaching traditional knowledge of the Indigenous Peoples. Registration is limited and children welcome. Contact Gladys Bender or Pastor Steve if you are interested or have questions.
May 3 (Tues.) 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. The Adult Bible Study Group led by Wes Leis will be meeting again at the church. Everyone welcome. Contact Wes for more information.
May 3 (Tues.) 3:30 p.m. Gift Discernment meeting on Zoom
May 3 (Tues.) 7:30 p.m. Worship Committee meeting
May 4 (Wed.) Morning & afternoon – All women invited to the church to knot comforters and/or quilt. Bring a bag lunch. Drinks provided.
May 4 (Wed.) 7 p.m. in person Core Team meeting.
May 5 (Thurs.), 7:00 p.m. Care Team meets
May 5 (Thurs.) Healthy Conversations, campfire discussion
May 7 (Sat.) The property committee is having a work day to work up and mulch the church flowerbeds. So bring shovels and hoes and edging tools at 9:00 or before on Saturday May 7th. It would be good to have an idea who is coming so Contact Arne Kennel. In person, by phone 519-634-9864 or E-mail email@example.com.
August 5 – 7 Church Camping Weekend at Hidden Acres. Save the Date! There will be opportunities for youth and jr. Youth to participate throughout the weekend as well.
May 7 (Sat.) at 9:30 am. Shalom Spring Brunch! At Steinmann Mennonite Church or virtually. The brunch theme is reconnection. For more information and to register visit shalomcounselling.org/brunch or call Shalom Counselling at (519) 886-9690.
May 14 (Sat.) 7:30p.m. Join Menno Singers for its first in-person concert in over 2 years at First United Church, Waterloo (16 William Street, Waterloo). The concert is by donation to support the MCC Ukraine Emergency Response Fund. Masks Required. www.mennosingers.com.
Hidden Acres Camp (HAC) coming events:
- Spring Seniors Retreat – May 16 (Mon.)
- HAC Alumni Day – May 21 (Sat.)
- 55th Annual Chicken BBQ & Pie Auction – June 14 (Tues.)
For more information: brochures on back table or www.hiddenacres.ca
Tri-County Mennonite Homes, comprised of Nithview Community, Greenwood Court and Aldaview, is seeking volunteer Board members. If you have interest in serving in this capacity or know of someone who may and would like further information in this position, please contact Stephen Yantzi, Nomination & Governance Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
From Mennonite Central Committee:
- May 4 (Wed.) 7 p.m. online, Ndoozigbidoon Nibi – I am connecting to the water. Discuss the spiritual and cultural importance of water and the necessity of access to clean, safe water. To register, go to mcco.ca/events.
- Hear Anna, MCC staff person, who supported people displaced from eastern Ukraine and is now displaced herself https://bit.ly/3L0T7cZ
- Read about a church in Lviv caring for refugees https://bit.ly/3Mke4Qm
- What peacemaking looks like in the midst of conflict in Ukraine, Co lombia and the Korean Peninsula https://bit.ly/3MgnYCL
Baden Summer Bible Camp August 8-12 (mornings)
We are looking for volunteers to assist with preparing for Baden Bible Camp. Do you have a skill to share? Or do you know of someone who has a heart for community kids? Or do you need high school volunteer hours?
- Group Leaders (No preparation necessary)
- Station Leaders (worship, science, recreation, bible teaching, crafts, snack)
Other things that BSBC is looking for:
- LARGE cardboard pieces (appliance boxes, furniture boxes, etc.) to mount our Bible Camp posters and characters.
- Train or Railway Props / hats
- Prayerful support!
Please contact Sara Roth 519-498-7907, Jessie Gingerich 519-988-0723 or email@example.com with any questions, referrals, or supplies.
Congratulations to Walt & Nancy Mabee who are celebrating their 57th anniversary on Saturday, May 7.
Congratulations to Rose Wagler who is celebrating her 80th birthday on Friday, May 6.
Wendy Wagler, Church Accountant will be out of the office and working remotely April 20th to May13th, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent matters please call or email Dawna at519-634-8311 or email@example.com.
Remember in Prayer
Post secondary students as they finish up projects and exams.