Sunday, March 13, 2022
Transformed by Jesus – Final Days and Holy Ways
Call to Worship
Kindle in Us Your Love VT 54
Beloved, God’s Chosen VT 164
Will You Let Me Be Your Servant VT 778
Time of Reflection
I Want Jesus to Walk With Me VT 306
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude/Postlude: Doris Martin
Worship Leader : Darryl Drudge
Children’s Time: Carter Family
Sermon & Congregational Prayer: Pastor Liz
Livestream: Steve Kennel
11:00 a.m. Adult Education on Zoom
No Coffee Time
March Special Offering: Mennonite Church Canada Witness workers Lakan Sumulong & Lakambini Mapayapa (Dann & Joji Pantoja) are doing groundbreaking work through Coffee for Peace and PeaceBuilders Community Inc., providing training for Christian church leaders, Indigenous leaders and civil society organizations in a conflict zone in the Philippines. For details, videos and donation links go to https://www.mennonitechurch.ca/peacebuildingphilippines
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask, sanitize your hands, maintain physical distancing and stay home if you feel ill for any reason
- Colouring sheets and craft items for children are available on the table at the back of the fellowship hall.
- After the service, please remain physically distanced in the fellow- ship hall, hallway, and as you leave.
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall.
Next Sunday March 20
9:45 a.m. Livestream and in-person worship in the Fellowship hall.
Lent Worship Series: Transformed by Jesus – Final Days and Holy Ways
Scripture: Mark 11:11-23. A withered fig tree and temple.
Speaker: Pastor Steve Drudge
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
March 15 (Tues.) 3:30 p.m. Peace & Justice Committee meeting at the church.
March 18 (Fri.) 2 p.m. Gift Discernment meeting on Zoom
March 14 (Mon.) 2-8 p.m. Blood Donor Clinic at Steinmann Mennonite Church. Appointments are required. To book an appointment call 1-888-236-6283 or https://www.blood.ca/en
May 12-15 Indigenous-Mennonite Encounters in Time and Place, Conrad Grebel University College. Stories and analyses of encounters and relationships. Details and pre-registration: https://uwaterloo.ca/indigenous-mennonite-encounters
Wendy Wagler will be out of the office March 10th to March 25th, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent matters please call or email Dawna at 519 634 8311 or email@example.com.
MCC has informed us that they want to proceed with our application to sponsor a Syrian refugee family living in Lebanon. However, the family’s refugee status registrations with the UN have expired and must be renewed before MCC will proceed. This will be very difficult for the family due to a number of obstacles. Please continue to pray for them as they try to make their way to Canada.
Rockway Mennonite Collegiate
- Spiritual Emphasis Week, March 22-24. Guest speakers Clarence M. Cachagee, Indigenous Community Educator and Founder of the Crow Shield Lodge, and Rebecca Seiling, Mennonite Central Committee Ontario’s Indigenous Neighbours Program. For more information about the chapels or view them at home, https://bit.ly/3pVjXux
- All-school drama production of Anne of Green Gables, March 31-April 2, 2022. Details, as they are confirmed, will be provided on their website: www.rockway.ca/drama
- Quilt display in the silo by Louise Hamilton of Purple Roosting Quilts https://bit.ly/3MHpE98
During our worship services, those who join by livestream can see those who are present but those who are present can’t see those who participate via livestream. If you would like to send us a photo of your household at worship via livestreaming (singing your heart out, watching children’s time, nibbling on toast, or whatever) we welcome the opportunity to glimpse our church family gathered and scattered. Send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Inter-Mennonite Children’s choir is looking for a Training Choir Instructor for Fall 2022. For more details: www.mennosingers.com/imcc
With society opening up and the busy spring season ahead, New Hamburg thrift is in need of volunteers who can receive and help sort donations. Please contact Jennifer Woolner at email@example.com or519-662-2867. Go to www.newhamburgthrift.com to apply.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and words of support during the time of decline and passing of Esther Kennel. A particular thank you to our Pastors and support staff in planning her funeral and helping to bring closure to a difficult time in our life. The Kennel Family
Remember in Prayer
The funeral for Arthur Steinmann was Friday afternoon. Please surround the family with your prayers.