July 29, 2018
Welcome – Call to Worship and Prayer
Pause . . .
Summer Memory passage Colossians 3. 12-15
Worship in Song:
Here in this place HWB 6
I’ll praise my Maker HWB 166
For we are strangers no more HWB 322
Help us to help each other HWB 362
-collection of offering
Scripture and Sermon – Ruth, part two
Sharing & prayer
My soul cries out SS 124
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship & song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Accompanist – Doris Martin
Sermon – Pastor Pat Wagler
Children’s time & congregational prayer – Joy Wagler
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
2:30 p.m. – “Folk and Gospel Songs” led by Mike & Diana Erb at the Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Freewill offering.
Monday – Church office closed.
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
7:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast at Omega Restaurant, 685 Fischer Hallman Rd., Kitchener (across from Sun Rise Mall). Come for fellowship and a prayer on a summer morning before work or retirement activities.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the church parking lot.
Friday-Sunday – Steinmann Church camping at Hidden Acres.
Sign-up sheet is on the table between the church mailboxes.
Saturday 6 p.m. – Hot dog, corn roast and s’mores. If you plan to attend please sign up on the sheet by the mailboxes.
Next Sunday 10:30 a.m. – Worship service.
Speaker: Pastor Myrna Miller Dyck.
Potluck lunch. Bring food to share and your own table service. For more information talk to Anthony Helmuth.
BADEN SUMMER BIBLE CAMP
Aug. 13-17 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. (ages 4-14)
Register on the church website or call Christine Helmuth.
Donations of the following would be much appreciated:
napkins vanilla pudding cups
round vanilla cookies fish shaped gummies
ziploc sandwich freezer bags plastic spoons
rubber bands wooden clothes pins
heart stickers mixed colour fish crackers
9 oz. plastic cups drinking straws
graham crackers pretzel sticks, fruit rollups
minute maid plastic bottle fruit punch (10 oz.)
Aug. 16 (Thurs.) 6 p.m. – MEDA Summer BBQ at the pavilion in Waterloo Park. Celebration for Allan Sauder’s time with MEDA. $25 for adults and $10 for children and students. Childcare will be provided. To register or for more information: https://meda.org/waterloo or contact Kathryn Askes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519. 725.1633.
Aug. 17 (Fri.) – Wilmot Mennonite Church bus trip to Iceculture Inc. in Hensall. $70/person will cover the bus, lunch at Huron Family Diner in Exeter and the tour. The bus will leave Wilmot church at 10:30 a.m. and arrive back around 4 p.m. Invite your friends. Call 519.634.5030 or email email@example.com. See poster on bulletin board.
Aug. 19 (Sun.) 5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores at Tom & Ruthanne Bender’s home, 3365 Carmel Koch Rd. Enjoy a summer evening together! Bring hot dogs, tableware, and lawn chairs for your family, and snacks to share.
Sept. 5 (Wed.) 9 a.m.-8 p.m. – Comforter Knotting Blitz for MCC. This includes men and children! If you can tie your shoes, you can tie a knot! Help bring comfort to our global neighbours. We want to complete 25-35 comforters. Bring a friend, neighbour or family member with you. Urgently needed is persons to sew 60 x 80 tops. We have fabric for backs. For more information contact Ardys Brenneman. Bring your bag lunch.
1. In July and August during coffee hour, offerings of coins will be accepted for Mennonite Central Committee’s Circles of Support and Accountability, which greatly reduces the odds of sexual offenders reoffending following release from prison.
2. Service opportunity: the demolition stage of church basement renovations with Hochma, Montreal, an emerging church within Mennonite Church Eastern Canada in an under resourced part of old Montreal. If you can help during the week of August 6th, contact Keith Wagler or Pastor Steve. If you’d like to contribute toward travel and other expenses, designate gifts for “Hochma service trip.”
3. Jam collection for Agape Fellowship in London. Bring donations of store bought jam, including sugar free, and place in the box by the church mailboxes. Questions – speak to Melody Steinman.
• It has truly been a blessing to serve as Interim Pastor, here at SMC for the past seven months. It is with gratitude and humility that I say thank you for inviting me, for your hospitality and prayers. It is my prayer that the calling and ministry of Sara Erb, here to this congregation, will be encouraging and fruitful. Blessings to you all as you live out God’s calling in each of your own lives. – Pat Wagler
• Congratulations to Delphine & Leonard Schwartzentruber who are celebrating their 57th Wedding Anniversary today.
• Congratulations to Elmer Zehr who will be celebrating his 87th birthday on Tuesday, July 31st.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• On August 1, Sara Erb begins a three year term as Pastor of Faith Formation with our congregation. Please remember Sara in your prayers as she begins this new role.
• We celebrate with Becky Roth and Jeremy Rieck, and their families, on their upcoming wedding, Saturday, August 11. Pray for them as they begin this new journey.
• People who have been affected by last Sunday’s shooting in Toronto, and Danforth Mennonite Church as they serve God in their neighborhood.