July 22, 2018
Singing as we gather before 10:00 – your song requests
Asithi: Amen HWB 64
Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing HWB 110
I am the Bread of life HWB 472
2 Kings 4:1-7
2 Kings 4:42-44
Sermon: God multiplies what we offer
Toronto Ontario Opportunities for Learning and Service stories
For the fruit of all creation HWB 90
Benediction: Ephesians 3:20
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship leaders & children’s time – Joanne Schwartzentruber, Zach Schwartzentruber
Song leader – Norma Iutzi
Accompanist – Delphine Schwartzentruber
Sermon & congregational prayer – Pastor Steve Drudge
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
Morning – Volunteers needed from Steinmann Church to help “cut wipes” at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre. Bring a friend.
5-8 p.m. – Blood Donor Clinic in the fellowship hall.
1:30-3 p.m. – Tea, coffee and conversation for seniors at Wilmot Mennonite Church. Topic: Sharing our Heritage. See bulletin board.
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the church parking lot.
9:45 a.m. – Preservice music
10:00 a.m. – Scripture: The book of Ruth. Go ahead and read all 4 chapters (85 verses)! Sermon: How does the story of Ruth speak into my life? We have time for sharing testimonies! Speaker: Pastor Pat Wagler. The service will include thanks for Pat Wagler’s seven months of part-time interim pastoral ministry among us.
2:30 p.m. – “Folk and Gospel Songs” led by Mike & Diana Erb at the Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Freewill offering.
STEINMANN SOXX (Church Fastball League)
July 23 (Mon.) 9 p.m. – Soxx vs. Shantz (New Hamburg, Diamond 2)
July 25 (Wed.) 8:45 p.m. – Soxx vs. Mapleview (Milbank, Lower D.)
Aug. 3-5 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church camping at Hidden Acres. Sign-up sheet is on the table between the church mailboxes.
Saturday 6 p.m. – Hot dog, corn roast and s’mores. If you plan to attend please sign up on the sheet by the mailboxes.
Sunday 10:30 a.m. – Worship service and potluck lunch. Bring food to share and your own table service.
For more information talk to Anthony Helmuth.
Aug. 12-24 – Ontario Mennonite Music Camp at Conrad Grebel College for ages 12-16. For more information and to register visit: https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/campers/ontario-mennonite-music-camp
Aug. 13-17 (Mon.-Fri.) 8:50-11:30 a.m. – Baden Summer Bible Camp for ages 4-14. Register on the church website or call Christine Helmuth.
1. In July and August during coffee hour, offerings of coins will be accepted for Mennonite Central Committee’s Circles of Support and Accountability, which greatly reduces the odds of sexual offenders reoffending following release from prison.
2. Service opportunity: the demolition stage of church basement renovations with Hochma, Montreal, an emerging church within Mennonite Church Eastern Canada in an under resourced part of old Montreal.
This week a group of three or four is going. The week of August 6th is another tentative possibility. If you can help at these or other times please contact Keith Wagler or Pastor Steve. If you’d like to contribute toward travel and other expenses, please designate gifts for “Hochma service trip.”
3. Jam collection for Agape Fellowship in London. Bring donations of store bought jam, including sugar free, and place in the box by the church mailboxes. Questions – speak to Melody Steinman.
• Congratulations to Kathleen & Nyle Hofstetter who will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday, July 26.
• We are pleased to publish the banns of marriage for Nyle Wilfred Iutzi and Laura Ann Wagler. This wedding is to take place on Saturday, September 8, 2018. If you know any reason in law why they may not marry each other, you are to declare it to a pastor.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Pray with participants in the Indigenous Neighbours learning tour in Timmins this week, July 23-26: Gladys Bender, Ashley & Darryl Drudge & children, Lynelle & Steve Drudge, Chris & Elaine Finnie & children, Sharon & Steve Gingerich, Kim Lichti, Mark & Sandy Scheerer, Don & Marilyn Steinmann, Michelle & Steve Wagler & Samantha, Paulette West, and Dorothy Wilson (Zion United Church).
• Karl Bergen, Sam Roth, Keith Wagler and possibly a fourth person who will help the Hochma congregation, Montreal, begin basement renovations this Tuesday to Friday.
• On August 1, Sara Erb begins a three year term as Pastor of Faith Formation with our congregation. Please remember Sara in your prayers as she begins this new role.
• Give thanks for a new church in Korat, Thailand, that first met for worship on July 8th and for 13 new followers of Jesus. – Mennonite Church Canada
• Pray for the Otto/Rabus family in transition. After 6 years of witness work in Germany, they are settling into a new home in Lethbridge, Alberta, where Jennifer has recently begun a teaching position at the University of Lethbridge. – Mennonite Church Canada