July 15, 2018
Call to worship and prayer
God of our strength HWB 36
There is a place of quiet rest HWB 5
Summer memory passage – Colossians 3.12-15
I am weak and I need Your strength HWB 553
Scripture: The book of Ruth
Sermon – Ruth, part one
In Thee is gladness HWB 114
Sharing and prayer
God who stretched HWB 414
An unsupervised nursery for children 5 and under is across from the washrooms. A quieter unsupervised nursery is available in Room 113 (office hallway).
Leading Us In Worship:
Preservice, offertory, postlude – John Wiebe
Worship leader – Sarah Godfrey
Song leader – Tim Miller Dyck
Accompanist – Jean Gingerich
Children’s time – David Martin
Sermon – Pastor Pat Wagler
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. – Fellowship hall & kitchen rented.
8 a.m. – Prayer in room 114. All are welcome.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the east church parking lot.
Summer Schedule: Worship @ 10:00
9:45 a.m. – Preservice music
10:00 a.m. – Scripture: 2 Kings 4:42-44, John 6:1-15
Sermon: God’s abundance: Multiplying what we offer. Examples from Toronto Ontario Opportunities for Learning and Service (TOOLS), July 5-8.
Speaker: Steve Drudge and TOOLS participants.
STEINMANN SOXX (Church Fastball League)
July 15 (Today) 7 p.m. – Soxx vs. Hillcrest (New Hamburg D1)
July 18 (Wed.) 9 p.m. – Soxx vs. Tavistock (Tavistock Optimist)
July 23 (Mon.) Morning – Volunteers needed from Steinmann Church to help “cut wipes” at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre. Bring a friend.
July 24 (Tues.) 1:30-3 p.m. – Tea, coffee and conversation for seniors at Wilmot Mennonite Church. Topic: Sharing our Heritage.
July 29 (Sun.) 2:30 p.m. – “Folk and Gospel Songs” led by Mike & Diana Erb at the Detweiler Meeting House, 3445 Roseville Rd., Roseville. Freewill offering in support of Meetinghouse operations. For more information call Laurence Martin, 519.588.4591.
Aug. 3-5 (Fri.-Sun.) – Steinmann Church camping at Hidden Acres.
Sign-up sheet is on the table between the church mailboxes.
Saturday – Hot dog, corn roast and s’mores. If you plan to attend please sign up on the sheet by the mailboxes.
Sunday – Worship service and potluck lunch. Bring food to share and your own table service.
For more information talk to Anthony Helmuth.
Aug. 12-24 – Ontario Mennonite Music Camp at Conrad Grebel College for ages 12-16. For more information and to register visit: https://uwaterloo.ca/grebel/campers/ontario-mennonite-music-camp
Aug. 13-17 (Mon.-Fri.) – Baden Summer Bible Camp
Aug. 17 (Fri.) – Wilmot Mennonite Church bus trip to Iceculture Inc. in Hensall. $70/person will cover the bus, lunch at Huron Family Diner in Exeter and the tour. The bus will leave Wilmot church at 10:30 a.m. and arrive back around 4 p.m. Invite your friends. Call 519.634.5030 or email email@example.com. See poster on bulletin board.
Sept. 7-9 (Fri.-Sun.) – Hidden Acres Camp “Building Community Retreat” for individuals with disabilities, their families, friends and supporters. Topic: The Healing Power of Music. Register by August 31. Brochures are on the table by the mailboxes.
1. Sponsorship contracts with two Syrian families have officially ended as planned after a year (February and July). Give thanks that the families are settling in well and see a hopeful future for their children, for wonderful friendships and ongoing informal support, and for the huge investment of time and effort on the part of the refugee settlement groups from this congregation, Foxboro and Stonecroft and many other volunteers. Thank God for the joy we have received by answering the call to welcome these newcomers who needed a safe home.
2. Service opportunity: the demolition stage of church basement renovations with the Hochma congregation, Montreal. This week they finally received permits. If you might help, even for a few days, please contact Pastor Steve or Keith Wagler asap with dates that could work for you and with questions. Hochma is an emerging church within Mennonite Church Eastern Canada in an under resourced part of Montreal that has connected with the homeless and started a ministry among Haitian refugees.
3. In July and August during coffee hour, offerings of coins will be accepted for Mennonite Central Committee’s Circles of Support and Accountability, which greatly reduces the odds of sexual offenders reoffending following release from prison.
4. Jam collection for Agape Fellowship in London. Bring donations of store bought jam, including sugar free, and place in the box by the church mailboxes. Questions – speak to Melody Steinman.
• Congratulations to Viola & Victor Dorsch who will be celebrating their 70th Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday, July 17 and to Carol & David Schwartz who will be celebrating their 53rd Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday, July 17th.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• July 23 – 26, Indigenous Neighbours Learning Tour, Timmins, ON with 18 adults and 6 children participating.
• Pray for an end to the isolation, repeated wars and the stress of meeting daily needs that is creating a mental health crisis in the Gaza Strip.