August 19, 2018
Prelude – Baden Summer Bible Camp music & pictures
Call to worship
Great is the Lord HWB 87
Wonderful grace of Jesus HWB 150
One is the body SJ 72
Sermon – Coming Home
Will you come and follow me SS 39
Sharing and prayer
Leading Us In Worship:
Worship leader – Suzanne Bender
Song leader – Norma Iutzi
Accompanists – Delphine Schwartzentruber, Susan Seyler
Children’s time – Paulette West
Sermon & Installation – Marilyn Rudy-Froese, Church Leadership Minister,
Mennonite Church Eastern Canada
Congregational prayer & scripture – Mark Scheerer
Coffee, tea & juice available in the fellowship hall following the service.
5-8 p.m. – Sunday S’mores at Tom & Ruthanne Bender’s, 3365 Carmel Koch Rd. Enjoy a summer evening together (and see the little goats)! Bring hot dogs, tableware, and lawn chairs for your family, and snacks to share.
Good News—the east parking lot will be paved this week. Please use the north parking lot and north door during the week.
7:30 p.m. – Children’s Christian Education meeting.
4-7 p.m. – Wilmot Summer Market in the paved north parking lot.
9:45 a.m. – Preservice music
10:00 a.m. – Hymn Sing. Come sing a mix of favorite songs and hymns.
Sept. 7 (Fri.) 7:00 p.m. – Save the date. Family dinner potluck and planning at church. Please bring a main course to share.
Aug. 27 (Mon.) 5-8 p.m. – Blood Donor Clinic in the fellowship hall.
Aug. 28 (Tues.) 1:30-3 p.m. – Tea, coffee and conversation for seniors at Wilmot Mennonite Church. Topic: Dressing the Part: Religious Diversity in Canada.
Sept. 5 (Wed.) 9 a.m.-8 p.m. – Comforter Knotting Blitz for MCC. This includes men and children! If you can tie your shoes, you can tie a knot! We want to complete 25-35 comforters. Bring a friend, neighbour or family member with you. Urgently needed are persons to sew 60 x 80 tops. We have fabric for backs. For more information contact Ardys Brenneman. Bring your bag lunch.
Sept. 7-9 (Fri.-Sun.) – Hidden Acres Camp “Building Community Retreat” for individuals with disabilities, their families, friends and supporters. Topic: The Healing Power of Music. Register by August 31. Brochures are on the table by the mailboxes.
Sept. 18 (Tues.) 7:00 p.m. – You are invited to the Tri-County Mennonite Homes Annual Meeting at Avon Mennonite Church, 90 Greenwood Court, Stratford. Refreshments and fellowship will follow the meeting.
Sept. 20 (Thurs.) 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Courage for Caregivers retreat at Ignatius Jesuit Centre in Guelph. Cost: $75 (includes lunch and workbook). Register: www.eventbrite.com. For more information see bulletin board or talk to our Parish Nurse, Ardys Brenneman.
Sept. 24 (Mon.) or 25 (Tues.) – Fall Seniors’ Retreat at Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp. Guest speaker: Bryan Moyer Suderman. Theme: “Close Encounters of the Scriptural Kind – the delight, danger, and dynamism of reading the Bible with each other and with ʹthe otherʹ”. Brochures are on the table by the mailboxes or call 519.625.8602. Register by Sept. 17th.
1. In August during coffee hour, offerings of coins will be accepted for Mennonite Central Committee’s Circles of Support and Accountability, which greatly reduces the odds of sexual offenders reoffending following release from prison.
2. Meserte Kristos College in Ethiopia trains church leaders for the fast growing Ethiopian Anabaptist Church. This Mennonite Church Eastern Canada supported work was introduced at the June Program meeting. Vision Focus Team, in their August meeting, motioned to disperse $2,000 in US funds to support the tuition for one student from the Mission Disbursement fund.
3. The Wilmot Family Resource Centre Food Bank shelves are bare. Donations of canned, fresh or frozen fruits and cereal are accepted anytime during their office hours: Monday to Thursday: 9-4:30; Friday: 9-noon.
• Congratulations to the following people who are celebrating significant birthdays this week: Verna Schwartzentruber will be 93 on Tuesday, Aug. 21; Ruth Steinmann will be 84 on Thursday, Aug. 23; Robert Jutzi will be 81 on Friday, Aug. 24.
REMEMBER IN PRAYER
• Ken Boshart and Eilene Bender who are both receiving care at Grand River Hospital.
• With much thanksgiving, pray that the 135 Baden Summer Bible Campers, their families and the 45 Camp leaders will experience Jesus with them always.
• Remember Janessa Otto and Stephen Yantzi as they leave this week for a 3 month service term at the Calgary Mennonite Guesthouse (a ministry of Foothills Mennonite Church). Pray for them as they practice hospitality and for the guests they will host.
• Meserete Kristos College (in Ethiopia) invites prayer that the Holy Spirit will guide in the selection and enrolling of students especially as it anticipates the coming fall semester. Pray also for those providing training and instruction to students.