Sunday, April 24, 2022
Transformed by Jesus: Living Differently
Call to worship
Praise to the Lord VT # 88
I Want Jesus to Walk With Me VT # 306
Sermon – Integrity: True Witness or False Witness
Rain Down VT # 703
Sing a New World into Being VT # 809
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude and Postlude – Delphine Schwartzentruber
Worship Leader – Gladys Bender
Scripture Reading – Leah and Jonah Drudge
Speaker & Children’s Time – Lori Guenther Reesor
Congregational prayer – Lynn Yantzi
Live Stream – Paul Hammer
11:00 a.m. Kids Sunday School – Indoors, masks are encouraged.
11:00 a.m. Adult Education in person, outside
No Coffee Time
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask if you are able, sanitize your hands, maintain physical distancing and stay home if you feel ill for any reason.
- You are welcome to sing if you are wearing a mask.
- Colouring sheets and craft items for children are available on the table at the back of the fellowship hall.
- The nursery room is available, unsupervised.
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall.
April Special Offering: MennoHomes. “Quality affordable housing is one of the most effective ways of addressing a variety of social and economic needs in our community.” More information and donation link: https://mennohomes.com/
Next Sunday May 1
9:45 a.m. Livestream and in-person worship in the Fellowship hall.
Worship Series: Transformed by Jesus – Living Differently
Scripture: Matthew 28
Speaker: Pastor Liz Weber
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
Jr. Youth & MYF
April 26 (Tues.) 6:30 – 8 p.m. Jr. Youth: Gym Night at the church.
April 29 (Fri.) 7—10 p.m. MYF: Gym and Games Night with local churches at the church.
April 27 (Wed.), 1:00 p.m. Grief support facilitated by Interfaith Counselling. Meet in the fireplace lounge.
May 1 (Sun.), noon – 3 pm. Visit to Crow Shield Lodge in Wilmot Twp. Anyone interested in a way to connect and learn about the teachings of Indigenous people and their connection to the land is welcome to attend. Cost $75.00/person. Crow Shield is a Teaching Lodge and has a vision of providing space to work towards reconciliation by teaching traditional knowledge of the Indigenous Peoples. Registration is limited and children welcome. Contact Gladys Bender or Pastor Steve if you are interested or have questions.
May 3 (Tues.) 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. The Adult Bible Study Group led by Wes Leis will be meeting again at the church. Everyone welcome. Contact Wes for more information.
May 4 (Wed.) Morning & afternoon – All women invited to the church to knot comforters and/or quilt. Bring a bag lunch. Drinks provided.
May 4 (Wed.) 7 p.m. in person Core Team meeting.
August 5 – 7 Church Camping Weekend at Hidden Acres. Save the Date! There will be opportunities for youth and jr. Youth to participate throughout the weekend as well.
Baden Summer Bible Camp August 8-12 (mornings)
We are looking for volunteers to assist with preparing for Baden Bible Camp. Do you have a skill to share? Or do you know of someone who has a heart for community kids? Or do you need high school volunteer hours?
- Group Leaders (No preparation necessary)
- Station Leaders (worship, science, recreation, bible teaching, crafts, snack)
Other things that BSBC is looking for:
- LARGE cardboard pieces (appliance boxes, furniture boxes, etc.) to mount our Bible Camp posters and characters.
- Train or Railway Props / hats
- Prayerful support!
Please contact Sara Roth 519-498-7907, Jessie Gingerich 519-988-0723 or email@example.com with any questions, referrals, or supplies.
April 29 & 30. Mennonite Church Eastern Canada Annual Gathering. Courageous Imagination: Living into the Journey based on Luke 13:18-21. Hybrid/in person at Redeemer University, Ancaster, ON. Contact Jim Steckle or the church office if you are interested. Our Church delegates: Gladys Bender, Suzanne Bender, Janessa Otto, Jim Steckle, & Pastor Sara
May 7 (Sat.) at 9:30 am. Shalom Spring Brunch! At Steinmann Mennonite Church or virtually. The brunch theme is reconnection. For more information and to register visit shalomcounselling.org/brunch or call Shalom Counselling at (519) 886-9690.
May 14 (Sat.) 7:30p.m. Join Menno Singers for its first in-person concert in over 2 years at First United Church, Waterloo (16 William Street, Waterloo). The concert is by donation to support the MCC Ukraine Emergency Response Fund. Masks Required. www.mennosingers.com.
Hidden Acres Camp (HAC) coming events:
- Spring Seniors Retreat – May 16 (Mon.)
- HAC Alumni Day – May 21 (Sat.)
- 55th Annual Chicken BBQ & Pie Auction – June 14 (Tues.)
For more information: brochures on back table or www.hiddenacres.ca
Tri-County Mennonite Homes, comprised of Nithview Community, Greenwood Court and Aldaview, is seeking volunteer Board members. If you have interest in serving in this capacity or know of someone who may and would like further information in this position, please contact Stephen Yantzi, Nomination & Governance Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Mennonite Central Committee:
– May 4 (Wed.) 7 p.m. online, Ndoozigbidoon Nibi – I am connecting to the water. Discuss the spiritual and cultural importance of water and the necessity of access to clean, safe water. To register, go to mcco.ca/events.
– Hear Anna, MCC staff person, who supported people displaced from eastern Ukraine and is now displaced herself https://bit.ly/3L0T7cZ
– Read about a church in Lviv caring for refugees https://bit.ly/3Mke4Qm
– What peacemaking looks like in the midst of conflict in Ukraine, Co lombia and the Korean Peninsula https://bit.ly/3MgnYCL
Pastor Steve is on vacation April 25 – May 2nd
Congratulations to Dwight Brenneman & Paulette West who are celebrating their 25th anniversary on April 26.
Wendy Wagler, Church Accountant will be out of the office and working remotely April 20th to May13th, please feel free to email email@example.com. For urgent matters please call or email Dawna at 519-634-8311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember in Prayer
Post secondary students as they finish up projects and exams.