Thanksgiving Sunday, October 10, 2021
Joy Ride based on Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Glimpses of Joy
Call to worship
10 000 reasons VT 111
Sanna, Sannana VT 79
Sermon: Joy when all the odds are against you
In the Lord I’ll be ever thankful VT 118
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty VT 88
Go ye now in peace VT 839
Leading Us in Worship:
Prelude/Postlude: Grant Movold
Worship Leader: Rick Brenneman
Children’s Time: Joanne Schwartzentruber
Sermon and Prayer: Pastor Sara Erb
Generosity Highlight: Lynn Yantzi
Livestream: Paul Hammer
No Coffee Time Today
COVID Guidelines for Worship
- Please wear a mask
- Please hum, sway, or tap your foot rather than singing
- After the service, remain seated until an usher dismisses you
- You are welcome to gather out in the parking lot for fellowship
- An offering plate is located at the back of the fellowship hall
- Tables and colouring sheets provided for young families.
- We are prioritizing air flow in the building. If you are bothered by a draft or have a hard time hearing please connect with an usher regarding an alternative place to sit.
Monthly special giving for October: Place non-perishable food items for the food bank at Wilmot Family Resource Centre in front of the stage when you arrive this morning. Place cash donations payable to WFRC in the offering plate or drop-box. Donate online here. https://bit.ly/2Yo5tsa
Next Sunday October 17
10:00 a.m. Livestream and up to 120 people in-person worship in the fellowship hall
Joy Ride: Paul’s letter to the Philippians
Scripture: Philippians 2:1-11
Mediation: Al Mills
11:00 a.m. Coffee Time on Zoom
Oct. 13 (Wed.) 7 p.m. VFT meeting
We are considering sponsoring a Syrian refugee family. Many forms of support are needed: financial donations, securing housing and furnishing the home, helping the family learn to navigate life in Canada, taking them to appointments, filling out forms, being a friend, etc. The Peace & Justice Committee is looking for a few more people to help, especially with the urgent task of completing the sponsorship application due in December. If you would like to help in any way whatsoever (and haven’t already come forward to offer), please complete this short survey. Copies on back table.
Oct. 16 (Sat.) 10 – 12 noon Information and training session for Facility Supervisors and/or Kitchen Supervisors during rentals. These are paid positions ($20/hr.). If interested contact Dawna at email@example.com to attend.
Oct. 30 (Sat.), 9:30-11:30 am. Core Team Meeting. Save the date Committee Chairs and VFT.
Jr. Youth & MYF
Oct. 16 (Sat.) 2-4p.m. Jr Youth: Outdoor Games at the church
Oct. 24 (Sun.) 3 p.m. MYF: Snyder’s Farm and Corn Maze – must register ahead of time.
Oct. 11 (Mon.) 2-8 p.m. Blood Donor Clinic at Steinmann Mennonite Church. https://www.blood.ca/en
From Mennonite Central Committee
- Thanks from Haiti to those who supported earthquake survivors: https://bit.ly/3ixp0x
- A Men Can Cook competition in Zimbabwe transforms gender role expectations: https://bit.ly/3uFlvKq
- Spaghetti Supper To Go! Order yours by October 25 and pick up on October 29. Visit rockway.ca to order yours today! Spaghetti Supper link: https://rockway.ca/alumni/alumni-events/connections-spaghetti-supper/
- Looking for a part-time Advancement Assistant. To learn more, visit: www.rockway.ca/employmentNotices
Church office closed Tuesday, Oct. 12 in lie of Thanksgiving Day.
Oct 29(Fri.) and Nov 26(Fri.) – Meals to the Land Defenders at Land Back Lane in Caledonia. Meals are going to be continued even though there has been cancellation of the major development in the land dispute. Your contribution to this meal is a way to work at improved relationships with Indigenous people. If you would like to contribute please message Gladys Bender
We need meals on October 13, 14 & 15 for Tori Fraser as she recovers from surgery. Please contact Shirley Dunford or Darlene Gingerich, Compassionate Care Committee. We are grateful to those who have signed up for Oct. 4,6,7, 8 & 12.
Pastor Steve will be on vacation October 6-18.
Congratulations to Ron & Judy Gingerich who are celebrating their 55th anniversary on Thursday, October 14.
Congratulations to Ron Gingerich who is celebrating his 83rd birthday on Wednesday, October 13 and Alice Wagler who is celebrating her 90th
birthday on Saturday, October 16.
Fall Worship Series – A Philippians Read Along!
|Oct 17||Philippians 2:1-11||Al Mills|
|Oct 24||Philippians 4:1-9||Pastor Steve|
|Oct 31||Philippians 4:9-23||Patricia Wagler|